Hey guys and welcome to my blog! I’ve been contemplating what I want my first blog post to be about since I want something short, helpful and of course something i’m passionate about. So I’m here to share my workout routine with you; I feel like the end of the year is the perfect time to share this since many of us have new years resolutions involving the gym, and hopefully this gives you some new exercises to incorporate into your routine.
I know some of you totally read the title and almost clicked that little red x because the thought of working out can be so overwhelming for some people, and that’s completely fine! If sixteen year old me saw my lifestyle and health choices now, I would be so shocked because I was that girl who walked the mile, and that’s if I even showed up to gym class that day. Cardio was not my friend and I don’t think I even picked up a weight until my second semester of college. However two years later I feel like a different person; I personally love going to the gym and every summer I go at least six times a week! Now between classes and work, I’m only able to go 2-3 times a week, but those days are my favorite days.
So this is the routine I’ve been doing for about six months straight and I’ve noticed actual results from this; I’m even growing some abs now. Well… one ab technically, but hey I’ll take what I can get!
- 20 minutes on the treadmill (I usually do 10 minutes running and 10 minutes fast walking on a level 8 incline)
- 1 minute plank
- 3 sets of 30 russian twists with a 15 pound dumbbell
- 3 sets of 15 toe touch crunches with an 8 pound medicine ball
- 3 sets of 15 side bends with a 10 pound weight
Legs & booty:
- 3 sets of 15 sumo squats with a 15 pound dumbbell
- 3 sets of 10 side leg lifts with a 10 pound weight
- 3 sets of 20 on the leg press machine set to 100 pound weight
- 3 sets of 12 on the hip abduction and adduction machine set to 30 pound weight (optional, I only do these If I have time/my legs aren’t completely dead)
There you have my college workout routine! Also please keep in mind I didn’t start off at these weights in the beginning. I started at 10 pounds for some of them and made my way up, so only do what you are comfortable with so you don’t hurt yourself. Also I am obviously not a personal trainer or professional in any way I’m just sharing with you the exercises I do that work for my body! My gym goals are more towards gaining muscle rather than losing weight, so if you’re someone who wants to lose more weight I would add a lot more cardio and focus mainly on that. If you don’t know how to do any of these workouts you can go on YouTube or google images and just search the name of the exercise and tons of videos and pictures will be able to help you out. So I hope you guys gained some sort of value from reading my workout routine, and let me know if you’re going to incorporate any of these into your next workout or if you have any other workout suggestions!